Friday, May 19, 2017

Alone by Amanda K. Dudley-Penn

A Wisp, A Whisper, and I fade away.  
I wish my voice was sealed with nothing to say.
Vanishing into darkness but no one sees.
It doesn't matter...They don't really see me.
If I stood in the open...In the light.
I would be invisible.  They'd still walk by.
A seal...A syllable...But it's all wrong.
I realize I've stood alone all along.
Silent in the noise.  Alone in a crowded place.
A tremble down my spine.  My heart starts to race.
A breath...I breathe in and push it out.
I press my lips together, trying not to shout.
A shutter works through me but I still smile.
A hidden annoyance...All the while.
Bye...Good-bye.  I vanish away.
I walk, I speak but my soul fades.
I wonder how long it will last this time.
Silence is golden but I shout inside.
A wisp...A whisper I fade away.
I wish my voice was sealed so I don't bring pain.


No comments:

Post a Comment