Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Whisper By Amanda K. Dudley-Penn

The earth falls around me.
The night calls my name.
The wind sweeps through my hair.
The blood sings in my veins.
I break through my dreams
Of those who have met my gaze.
I could make them like me
I could take their days.
I lick my lips in hunger
As the thirst invades my mind.
I inhale the scents of millions
Until the one I find.
I move as a shadow
One they will not see.
They will not know I'm there
Until on them I feed.
I grin within the darkness
With my senses so aware.
For those who see me,
They don't know to beware.
Instead to them I'm mysterious,
A handsome stranger or a drifter.
One that will end their lives 
With one deadly whisper.

This is another one I wrote for one of my vampire books.  I will be adding it to Unbound the paperback edition.  Obviously, it is about a vampire.

No comments:

Post a Comment