Thursday, March 19, 2015

Story Untold By Amanda K. Dudley-Penn


For everyone who has ever suffered through depression

   As I look around me 
And force myself to move
I don't think anyone else would know 
The struggle I go through.
I move against a darkness 
That plagues me every day.
I force a smile through it 
Pushing the shadows far away.
Whispers of sadness come.
With them come disheartened tears.
And the doubts eventually reach out 
Bringing my worst fears.
The loneliness is too much
 But still, I continue on.
I will fight this evil 
Even when I feel desperate and alone.
I will never give in, 
Instead I will stand.
I will not reach out 
And take the devil's hand.
I will push through the shadows 
That plague my mind.
I will see through the darkness 
Even when it makes me blind.
I will remember the words 
To always live bold.  
I will not leave my book unwritten 
And my story untold.


No comments:

Post a Comment