Sunday, March 1, 2015

What Do We Do? By Amanda K. Dudley-Penn


The wind of change 
Isn't always good.
Hatred is king.
No peace no love.
I gaze around.
People don't speak.
Held captive by lies.
Silence they seek.
Accused of the worst.
But meaning the best.
Gone is our freedom of speech.
Next is freedom of press.
People are dying.
No help is found.
Where is the truth.
Are you too proud? 
History goes round.
History repeats.
Innocence gone. 
Blood in the streets.
Silence is golden.
But I only see pain.
People are bought.
and put in invisible chains.
Difference isn't celebrated.
Instead it is cursed.
Tears fall from my eyes
As books are burned. 
Choices are condemned 
By the majority rule.
Bow down at his feet
You gave up your freedoms too.
I am looking for answers 
As the sky grows dark.
How did this happen?
How were we torn a part?
So, I'm searching for answers.
I'm searching for truth.
In a world so dark.
What do we do?

No comments:

Post a Comment