Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Silent No More



Hush, it's not important.
Bite my tongue really hard.
Make it bleed a little more
Make it bleed like my heart.
So, I spoke the truth
But they believed only lies.
Laughing and condescending
Marking what is mine.
So I learned to keep quiet
This storm raging within.
So, you don't know my past
You don't know their sins.
I don't think you can handle it
But you would probably mark it off.
I have kept my secrets
And it's made my soul hard.  
There's a razor thin line
Between love and hate.
What scares me the most
Is when that line breaks.
Sometimes, you think I'm kidding
But I've faced the fire.
Risen from the ashes
Faced a dragon's ire.
I've felt the slap of wet leather
snapping against my skin.
I've been lost in my own mind
To protect this tough skin.
I've shivered and I've quaked
Looking over my shoulder.
Somewhere this made me hard
Somewhere this made me older.
I've suffered punishment for others
And I've sacrificed myself.
But I'm supposed to forget that
And put it on the shelf.
I've pulled myself up
And faced the devils in my life.
I've suffered by myself.
While others remained blind.
They don't want to see what happened.
They want their happy worlds.
They don't want to face the eyes
of a damaged and jaded girl.
But what's damaged me the most
Is my past not being important.
Unable to speak about it.
Being told to get over it.
How am I to do that?
When it is being ignored.
So how am I to face it
When it's blackening me to my core?
When everyone is okay but me
What am I doing it for?
The only answer I have
Is to be silent no more.





No comments:

Post a Comment