Friday, April 5, 2019

The Dark



I know it's hard to understand
How the dark can bring me peace.
I know it can be viewed as evil
But it has hidden me.
Monsters in the world are real
The shadows hid me from harm.
To you it may be scary.
To me it has a certain charm.
You see I have felt it's embrace
In my body, soul and mind.
I pity those who don't see it.
I pity those who are blind.
Yes, it can hide and shield
things that go bump in the night.
But it can also hide from harm
Better than the light.
It is the place I shut down
And can shut off my troubled soul.
It doesn't expose my tears.
It allows me to be at peace alone.
There is a certain respect
To being wrapped in the warmth of the dark.
To allowing my feelings to crash around me
While being wrapped in shadow's arms.
Though I am not only the dark
I also hold the light
I can respect and love the shadows.
I can also love the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment