Friday, March 22, 2019

The Light




Sometimes the light is heavy
Sometimes the light is blind
Knowing who I am
I have to balance my mind.
I guess people want to be angels
But the halo is heavy indeed.
Ripping the wings from my back
While wearing them my soul bleeds.
I can't do it anymore
Pressured to make no mistakes.
The lies to hide them are heavy
It's time to recognize the stakes.
A life of to much torment
To live in the pure light of day.
A journey into the sun
Is too heavy a price to pay.
Suffocating in my silence
I just want to scream.
While hiding in the light
No one really knows me.
Always a distraction
A false smile upon my face.
Too many pretty lies
Hidden beneath ruffles and lace.
It's not that I don't have that
glorious, bright light.
But trying to make it all I am
Just isn't something right. 
Sometimes I dim a little
Sometimes I dim a lot.
But that should be okay
Instead of being who I'm not.
You see I do love the light
but I love the darkness as well.
Not pure in either one
But being just one is hell.
Because it means something to me
To find courage in them both.
To be wrapped in their embraces
To find humbleness not boasts.
To be able to walk equally
On a bright or darkened path
It's what my soul craves
Without both it twists
in sadness, pain and wrath.
I don't expect you to understand
How I choose to live my life.
But I refuse to be the bright one
And only be the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment