Thursday, March 7, 2019

Kaleidoscope



I know you don't understand
It's hard to comprehend me.
A mixture of shadows and light
Mirrors and light beams.
A smile to cover pain
Until I can't hide it anymore.
Refracted feelings bouncing
from pieces bent and torn.
The light bounces off my face
And you wonder if it's real.
Sometimes I wonder myself
If I'm covering how I feel.
The darkness shadows me
But often hides me from harm.
It twists and swirls inside me
I cover it with charm. 
Breakable and sensitive
That's why I hide it so well.
I got tired of my weaknesses
So I hide behind my veil.
But now, I struggle with emotion
hidden behind each turn.
A face of impassivity 
Man, my stomach churns.
Spoken words to see beauty
And never see the marks.
Twisted mindset I know
But I don't show my heart.
Except for the short times
Where my pen bleeds.
Then, you get a glimpse
of the kaleidoscope in me.



No comments:

Post a Comment