Sunday, March 3, 2019

There Wouldn't Be Me



To Kara, Sandra, Robert, Chrystal, Cindy, Mandiey.  I love you all.

Staring into the night as a smile lights my face.
Because the night prickles with a memories trace.
Music drifting around us piercing our souls.
Somehow those nights made us whole.
Smoke curling around us in curving waves.
Chanting in a circle those were the days.
Give me back my lighter...You'll get it when I'm dead
Pushing away the darkness, taking in the light instead.
Telling each other truths that made us bare.
Oh! Damn it! Who the hell is going to pick dare?
Running through people with no clothes on.
Cards across the table.  Let's have some fun.
Dancing around the room. Dancing in the rain.
Bowing to our audience as we washed away our pain.
A heart thumping thought to never be alone.
A soul twisting bond that will never be undone.
People sleeping everywhere on the couch or the floor.
Already planning for what the next day had in store.
A false kiss to shock them, eyes going wide.
A cake in the face, finding somewhere to hide.
Wild times but some of my truest friends live there.
Embraces and protection and justice that was fair.
To them I will say this, you didn't let me sink.
None of you know how close I was to the brink.
Your presence kept me safe from the darkness in my mind.
You never made me hide it.  You didn't leave me behind.
Sitting with me in the shadows, sharing my twisted thoughts.
Never needing to explain or have a friendship bought.
Arguments only when you care.  I know each of you are true.
Encouraging me with all the dreams I pursue.
I hope all of you know how much you mean.
Because without you, there wouldn't be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment